14 April 2016 – Intel Manufacturing Development Organization (MDO) led by Ang Kian How (Failure Analysis Engineer Manager) have visited Faculty of Engineering Technology (FET), UTeM and the meeting has been held at Samsung IoT Academy. University-industry collaboration discussion with Prof. Dr Goh Ong Sing, Director of Industry Liaison Centre and Dr. Umar Al-Amani, Deputy Dean and his team from Faculty of Engineering Technology have developed a partnership that fits best for both parties. The meeting also attended by representatives from FKEKK (Dr. Lim Kim Chuan dan Dr. Soo Yew Guan) and FKP (Dr. Zulkeflee Abdullah).
The purpose of the meeting was to discuss university-industry cooperation and to explore the possibilities of the university internship at Intel, collaborative research and integration of the Intel manufacturing Development and testing with FET syllabus.
Through out the meeting, below are some short notes has been captured :
- Review the course syllabus based on the academic curriculum and suggesting the closer course content to be amended.
- Intel PDE team will construct the topics of interest in next level details for review and comments.
- Faculty’s course structure will be constructed based on 60% hands on/practical, 40% theory.
- Intel PDE team will provide a list of projected tools/infrastructure to FET for forecast/estimation.
- Intel PDE team interested to send their speaker as Guest Speaker to conduct a talk related to Industrial Analysis or Product Development Engineers (PDE).
- Internship intake commitment number from Intel MYS MDO will be provided by Mr Ang.